Friday 16 February 2018

Blueberry Bites



I had a lot of blueberries left in my fridge yesterday and, as I felt in the mood to do some baking, I thought I would see what I could create with them.

My initial thought was to try and make some sort of Blueberry cookies but they sort of evolved into these instead. I've called them Blueberry Bites and they remind me of little mini scones in taste with a little bit more crunch. Here's the recipe.

Ingredients
800g Self Raising Flour
150g low fat margarine
200ml skimmed milk
1 egg
250g blueberries
150g caster sugar

Method
  1. Beat the margarine into the flour 
  2. Add the egg, sugar and milk and mix well until combined 
  3.  In a separate bowl, mash the blueberries with a fork until they are broken up into pieces
  4. Fold the blueberries into the mixture until fully combined
  5. Take a small piece of the dough, roll it into a ball and then flatten with your fingers
  6. place on a greased baking sheet
  7. carry on until you have done this to all of the dough.
  8. bake near the top of the oven at 175 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until browned on top.
  9. Leave to cool slight before removing from the tray




 This recipe makes an amazing 75 blueberry bites. I know that this is a lot but they will keep for about 5 days in a airtight container. Each bite is 2 weightwatchers smartpoints.




If you feel that this is too many for you then you could freeze half the dough until you want to make another batch or you could make larger version of the blueberry bite and just double the number of smartpoints.

As I said, I had intended this to be biscuits but they turned out to be gorgeous little scone bites, perfect with some spread and a cup of tea.



I find that I need to have a little snack available that won't completely ruin my smartpoints total for the day so these are perfect for me. Let me know if you try making them.

Speak to you soon



Love Erica xxx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fitter.Thinner.Happier | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig