Saturday 20 February 2016

Strawberry and Apple Biscuits

We love strawberries in my house and you can usually find a punnet of them in the fridge. My daughter eats them on their own and I have them either with yoghurt, porridge or in a smoothie. The trouble is that strawberries are not always long lasting and can easily become squishy when over ripe. My new recipe can help you use up these strawberries and create a healthy and tasty snack.

Strawberry & Apple Biscuits
4 or 5 large strawberries
I small eating apple
100g honey
1 egg
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla flavouring
200g Wholemeal flour
2 tablespoons coconut oil
50g Oat milk

1. Mash the strawberries thoroughly. I used a hand blender to help break them up.
2. Peel the apple and then grate it.
3. Beat the egg, add the honey and mix together.
4. Add the coconut oil and mix until completely blended.
5. Add the flour, baking powder, oat milk, apple and strawberries. Mix until fully combined into a sticky mixture.
6. Place a heaped tablespoon of he mixture at intervals on a greased baking sheet.


7. Bake near the top of a preheated oven at 200 degrees for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown on top.

8. Allow to completely cool before removing from the baking sheet.

C

The recipe makes 12 large biscuits which are four Weightwatchers Smartpoints each. You can reduce this to three Smartpoints by using oil instead of coconut oil. Equally, if you want a richer version you could use sugar instead of honey which would raise it to five Smartpoints for each biscuit.


These are a great way to use up your fruit and are a really tasty snack.


Let me know if you try making the biscuits. Speak to you soon

Love Erica xxx
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Just made these biscuits and we love them, my kids are asking for more as I type! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that's really lovely to hear! My daughter really likes them too. You should try the carrot cookies next that I posted today. My daughter says they are her absolute favourite. Thanks again for the feedback 😊😊

      Delete

© Fitter.Thinner.Happier | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig