Monday 3 April 2017

Fitness Favourites - what things can't you do without when you workout?

Do you have things that you use every time you workout and that you really couldn't do without? I certainly do; there are several things that I use all the time, that help motivate me and that are really essential for me.



We all know the value of drinking while working out and for me, my favourite drink has definitely become infused water. It's part of my nightly routine now to make some up. I use frozen fruit as it gives a more intense flavour. I keep it in the fridge so it's cold and refreshing when I need it. I forgot to make some one day and had to use just plain water after my run but it just wasn't the same.



I do a lot of workouts at home either by dvd or using FLEX TV. To try and increase the intensity of the workout, I started using small hand weights, particularly for workouts that include boxing moves. Now I use them automatically and it feels weird to workout without them.




Running is definitely something where I need motivation. I don't know about you but I really need music to give me running so headphones are an absolute essential. I use ones that hook behind the ear for security and I also have a specific running playlist.

If I'm looking to monitor the distance that I'm running then the Map My Run app is essential. I love the fact that it logs your run and you can visually see your progress.



There is a new app that I have just been introduced to that is fast becoming an essential part of my running routine. Aaptiv provides an audio workout with motivation from qualified trainers coupled with an amazing soundtrack that's guaranteed to keep runnning at the right pace. The voice of the trainer in my ear is just what I need to give me going, it beats the little voice in my head that is telling me to stop and walk. I want to start working up to running 5k now that I'm finally over the bronchitis so Aaptiv is perfect as they have a training programme designed  specifically for that. They even have programmes for marathon training. There are so many different workouts available that you will be sure to find one that suits you. I love the fact that you can also set yourself monthly challenges. My first one will probably be to run further. I'm still quite new to Aaptiv so I have only checked out the running workouts so far. I'm excited to explore the rest of the workouts as they include workouts for treadmills, cycling and yoga. It was simple to set up Aaptiv and join. I downloaded the app to my phone and joined through Facebook. If you are interested then why not try a free 7 day trial? You can find more information on their website at  Aaptiv.com I'm definitely impressed with Aaptiv and I think it will be one of my essential workout tools for a long time.

Let me know what you find essential for your workouts, I'd love to hear from you.

Speak to you soon



Love Erica xxx
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Exercises for weight loss is good. But how you will measure your performance. There is solution for this problem. You can measure your performance online from here. Online Calculator. That also contains a lot of calculators. There are about 150+ calculators.

    ReplyDelete

© Fitter.Thinner.Happier | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig