Monday 10 October 2016

Monday Motivation - Let It Go

I think that most of us would agree that we all carry around emotional baggage with us especially as we get older. It's part of life. We also carry habits and behaviour patterns that may have become our automatic responses. I know I certainly do and my motivation for today is to try and just let it go. Definitely the cue for a song there!

For me it's a lot of emotional baggage from an emotionally abusive mum who died before I gained closure, also from a horrific marriage breakup leaving me with a six year old and a three month old baby to bring up. I've dealt with the latter well but I need to acknowledge that scars are still there.

It's also continuing to try and let go of the emotional hold that food has over me. I fight every day to recognise that I shouldn't turn to food as a way of eating my feelings and lifting my mood. 

I also want to let go of being bothered by other people's expectations. I'm doing this for me. It's acknowledging that it hurts if people express doubt that I can do this or question why or tell me that I looked better fatter and I look ill when I lose weight (real comment someone actually said to my face!). It may hurt to hear these comments but ultimately they are completely irrelevant!

I suppose it's about being at peace with myself and believing in what I'm doing. So that's my Monday motivation this week and I'm going to work on just letting go of all the  rubbish and nonsense that is cluttering up my mind


Hope you are all having a fantastically motivated Monday.

Speak to you soon


Love Erica xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fitter.Thinner.Happier | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig