Saturday 23 January 2016

My weekend breakfast smoothie

I'm a huge fan of fruit smoothies and frequently have them for breakfast as its a great start to the day and really healthy. I do find though that they don't always fill me up particularly in cold weather. I have tried some breakfast smoothie ideas before but sometimes they can be too filling and hard to get through if you need to have breakfast quickly. This is my recipe for a simple breakfast smoothie that is a little more filling but still easy to drink.


I've used my Nutribullet for this but any similar type of blender would do. If you are considering getting one then I definitely recommend Nutribullet!

I layer my smoothie ingredients. There is a small handful of spinach, one banana,  a handful of mixed berries, 30g of oats and 2 dates in this one.



I then add 150ml of unsweetened almond milk. You can vary this a little depending on how thick you like your smoothie. The best thing is to try it and see what you prefer. 

It only takes about 30 seconds to blend in the Nutribullet 



Now just drink and enjoy.


I've calculated this as 6 Smartpoints. You could reduce that by leaving out the dates which would bring it down to 2 or use almond butter instead which would give a 5 Smartpoint total.

Let me know if you try this or if you have any smoothie ideas that you would like to share with me.

Speak to you soon

Love Erica xxx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fitter.Thinner.Happier | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig