Tuesday 20 September 2016

Can Drinking More Water Help You Lose Weight?

The health benefits of drinking more water are well publicised but can this actually help you to lose weight? I was intrigued by the thought of this, particularly as I know I don't always drink enough water, so I did a little research. Here are my three top ways that drinking more water can help you to lose weight.


1. Fill you up
Try drinking a glass of water before each meal. You will find that this will make you feel fuller and you will be less likely to overeat. This can be particularly useful if you are eating out and you have less control over portion sizes. I've done this and it really does help!

2. Improved workouts
One of the benefits of keeping you body properly hydrated is that your joints will remain lubricated and you will find that you are less prone to muscle spasms and cramps. This will mean that you will be able to workout for longer and push your body harder. Obviously increased workouts over a period of time will increase the amount of weight that you lose.

3. Boost your metabolism 
There is medical evidence to support the theory that drinking cold water will help to give your metabolism a boost. For this to be effective, the water needs to be ice cold not just from the tap. The theory is that your body has to work that much harder in order to warm up the water and therefore will burn off more calories. We are not talking about huge numbers here but it all helps!

So this together with other benefits such as flushing out toxins and improving your skin means that we should all be looking to drink more water. I'm thinking of putting up a chart in my kitchen so I can monitor how much I drink. Speak to you soon


Love Erica xxx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fitter.Thinner.Happier | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig