Monday 16 January 2017

Monday Motivation - Still Nifty at Fifty!

So it's my birthday today and as you can guess from the post title it's a big one - the big 5 0. Now I will admit I don't particularly like my birthday. I find it quite depressing as it's just a reminder of time marching on and that I'm getting older and frankly there's absolutely nothing I can do about that. I think it's also to do with my birthday coming just after Christmas and even when I was a kid, my parents never really made a huge deal of it.

This year I'm trying to use it as a motivator. I don't think I actually look that bad for 50 years old



So I know that it might take me longer than younger women to improve my fitness and to lose weight and I am aware of my age in so far as picking up niggling injuries and routine aches and pains. BUT I think that the fact that I am doing this at my age and am trying to basically reinvent myself is remarkable and I'm trying to motivate myself by recognising that this is an achievement.

Yes, I do wish that I had turned my life around earlier but I can't change that.  If I can inspire one middle aged lady to also think she can do it if I can then I will be really proud. I'm not trying to set myself up as a role model but I'm an ordinary woman of advancing years trying to better myself. I'm not one of those stick thin models or a muscle bound gym bunny and hopefully my blog is showing people that you don't have to be like that to improve your fitness.

I may be fifty today but I'm motivated by the fact that I'm still quite nifty at fifty, haha.


You can still be a queen at any age! Hope you are all having a fabulous day! Speak to you soon 


Love Erica xxx



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fitter.Thinner.Happier | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig