Friday 11 March 2016

Dealing with negativity

When I say dealing with negativity, I'm talking both about how you view yourself and the response you get from everyone around you. 

We all have that little voice in our head that likes to whisper negative things to us. It might be when you look in the mirror and the voice says "well, you're still fat so you haven't achieved that much". It might be tempting you to break your diet because "it doesn't matter once". It might be whispering to you when you stand on the scales that "a pound off isn't much for all that work". We all get negative thoughts from time to time and if you learn the strategies to deal with them then they will quickly lose their impact and fade away.

Never look at how far you have to go, look at how far you have already come. I keep a transformation photo on my phone to remind myself what I have already achieved.

If you feel negative and tempted to cheat, ask yourself will it make you feel any better? Chances are, it will probably make you feel worse. Try and distract yourself or look for a healthy alternative such as fruit.

Never feel that a small weight loss is insignificant. Every pound takes you closer to where you want to be. Last time I felt like this I found a baking potato in my cupboard that weighed a pound. It really helped me to visualise the weight that I had lost and I felt much better. So don't think if it as losing just a pound, you've lost a potato! Haha.

Negativity from proplecaroundcyou can be much harder to deal with and I don't have an easy answe. I actually kept my blog and weight loss plan a complete secret for two months because I was scared of the reaction that I would get from some people. What you have to remember is that people are often frightened of change. So when they see confine trying to improve the self and their life, it's very easy to knock them and be dismissive. What I try to remember is that it is their problem not mine. Some people may even just ignore what you are doing. Remember you are doing this for yourself and not to gain their approval.

My advice is to just keep a focus on why you are doing this and your end goal. Ignore any negative people, in fact feel sorry for them. As Taylor Swift said so well "Haters gonna hate"

Hope you are all having a positive end to the week! Speak to you soon

Love Erica
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fitter.Thinner.Happier | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig