Saturday 23 April 2016

Infused Water

We all know that drinking water is good for us. It can make your skin clearer and firmer, it flushes toxins from your body and it can help you lose weight by making fat cells easier to break down. The problem is that water can be boring and this can make it difficult to drink the optimal amount every day. This is where infused water can help you. The definition of infused water is basically any combination of fruit, vegetables or herbs that have been immersed in cold water.

You can just use a large jug for this or if you want to take your water with you, there are many great infusion bottles available. I got this really nice one from Avon yesterday.


It's incredibly easy to use. Simply remove the middle section as this is where the fruit is placed.


You can really use anything that you want including frozen fruit so I used a combination of both. I stuck to berries as they are my favourite fruit. I read that it is best to slice the fruit into thin slices to help the flavour escape.


Once the tube is full then simply replace it in the bottle and then fill the bottle with cold water.


Place the bottle in the fridge for at least a couple of hours before drinking. I took mine to my daughter's athletics meet this afternoon and it was really refreshing. It was amazing to see how much the water had changed colour.



You can refill the bottle again and use the same fruit but the flavour of the water will not be as strong.

I was amazed to read how many different things can be used to infuse water as I would never have thought of herbs or slices such as cinammon sticks. I'm already planning citrus versions, lemon and thymne and cucumber. The list is endless!

I would really recommend trying infused water particularly with summer coming. Let me know if you come up with some good combinations. Speak to you soon


Love Erica xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fitter.Thinner.Happier | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig