Friday 19 August 2016

Melon Frozen Yoghurt

I'm a sucker for a cheap supermarket deal so when galia melons were on offer, I grabbed one. Sadly it sat in my kitchen for a few days so I decided to do something different.

Ingredients 
1 Galia melon
1 cup (340g) low fat natural yoghurt
1/2 cup (170g) honey

Method
1. Scoop out the melon flesh and cut into chunks.
2. Purée the melon in a food processor.
3. Mix the yoghurt and honey with the melon.
4. If you are using an ice cream maker then tip the mixture into it and follow the instructions. I set mine for 25 mins. If you are not using an ice cream maker then blend the mixture thoroughly in a food processor.
5. Transfer the mixture to a suitable lidded container. If you have not used an ice cream maker then you will need to freeze the mixture for about an hour. I did use an ice cream maker but I still froze mine for an extra 15 minutes to get the consistency that I wanted.



This is such a light and refreshing dessert for the summer. The recipe makes 800g of frozen yoghurt and is only 102 calories per 100g serving. The melon gives a sweet and delicate flavour but you could substitute a cup of any other fruit if you prefer

Speak to you soon


Love Erica xxx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fitter.Thinner.Happier | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig