Tuesday 9 February 2016

Banana Biscuits

My continual search for the perfect dieters biscuit led me to try experimenting in the kitchen again today. I was going to make cookies for my daughter but although the recipe I use is great, it's not very good for me at the moment as it contains a ton of sugar and a whole pat of butter. So I played around with the recipe and this is what I came up with.

Banana Biscuits
400g Wholemeal flour
2 mashed bananas
1 egg
4 tablespoons coconut oil
100g Demerara sugar

1. Mix together the egg and sugar.
2. Add the mashed bananas.
3. Add the coconut oil and mix well. You may find it easier to use a hand blender for this as you need to end up with a smooth mixture.
4. Add the flour and combine to make a slightly sticky dough.


5. Leave the dough to rest in the fridge for an hour. 
6. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
7. Take a small section of the dough and roll it into a sausage shape with your hands.

8. Cut the dough into slices roughly 1cm in width.


9. Take each slice and flatten it slightly while keeping the circular shape.
10. Place on a greased baking tray.
11. Cook near the top of the oven for 11 minutes or until golden brown on top.
12. Once removed from the oven, allow to cool before taking them off the baking tray.

And here is the finished product!



The recipe makes 40 small biscuits which work out at an impressive 2 Weightwatchers smart points each. They are a perfect little snack and are great for dunking in a cup of tea. Let me know if you try making them and if you do, then I hope you enjoy them! Speak to you soon

Love Erica xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fitter.Thinner.Happier | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig