Friday 19 February 2016

Slim Carbonara

One of the hardest things about being on a long term programme to achieve a big weight loss is that you might feel that you can't ever enjoy all the meals and recipes that you might normally eat with your family. I'm going to try and look at some of these types of meals and see if I can try and "slim" them down to make them easier to fit into my diet. The first one I've looked at is Spaghetti Carbonara and here is my slimmed down version.

Slim Carbonara

2 reduced fat bacon medallions
I packet of Eat Water's slim pasta
1 tbsp low fat Greek yoghurt
37.5g Boursin cheese (roughly a quarter of a pack)

1. Grill the bacon medallions and then cut into small pieces.
2. Cook the Slim Pasta according to the packet instructions.
3. Stir the Boursin cheese and Greek yoghurt to the cooked Slim Pasta and stir until fully melted.
4. Add the bacon pieces and stir until distributed through the pasta.
5. Eat and enjoy!


This is such an easy meal to make and it literally took five minutes. The yoghurt mixed with the cheese coats the pasta to give that genuine Carbonara taste. I used spaghetti but you could use other types of pasta if you prefer. 

My Slim Carbonara is only 10 Weightwatchers Smartpoints so it is quite easy to fit into your daily points. It shows how you can adapt a traditional recipe and make it suitable for your new healthy lifestyle.


Let me know if you try making this. Speak to you soon

Love Erica xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fitter.Thinner.Happier | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig