Saturday 13 February 2016

Plans and goals

When I started this, I deliberately didn't set myself any goals to aim for. The reasoning behind this was that I knew I have a lot of weight to lose and I thought it would be too off putting to look at such a big amount.  Now, five weeks later, I have started to set myself some smaller targets to aim for and have had a think about a longer term goal.

I've decided initially to aim to get down to 11 stone (154lbs) I'm five foot six inches tall and that is clearly in the healthy range for my height. I'll review it when I get closer and if I need to change it and go lower then I will. I started out at 17 stone 3.5 pounds (241.5lbs) so this means I am aiming to lose a total of 87.5 pounds. Gulp, it sounds a lot so I've worked out the following small targets to motivate me on the way. I've found a good way to do is to look at the percentage of your body weight that you are losing. So these are my targets.

5% body weight - 12lbs
10% body weight - 24.1lbs
15% body weight - 36.1lbs
20% body weight - 48.2 lbs
25% body weight - 60.2 lbs

If I add to this list, targets of weight loss in stones eg: half a stone, one stone etc then I should have achievable targets to aim for on a regular basis. 

The other other thing about working out all these targets and my end goal of losing 87.5lbs is that I realised that by losing 10.25 pounds already, I have already lost over ten percentage of what I'm aiming for.

As you can tell I've been sitting here with my calculator so I hope I haven't bored you too much. I do think this will now help me keep focused. I would advise anyone who is looking for a long term weight loss not to get hung up on the big weight loss totals but definitely to break it down into smaller targets.

I'll keep you posted as I hopefully achieve each of my targets. My next one is to have lost 12lbs in total which will be five percent of my starting body weight. I only have 1.5 pounds left to lose to achieve this so fingers crossed. Speak to you soon

Love Erica xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fitter.Thinner.Happier | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig