Friday 13 May 2016

Borough Market


Yesterday I took a trip up to London to visit one of my favourite food places. Borough Market is located in Southwark, South London near to London Bridge. It is one of the oldest food markets in existence and was mentioned in historical records as far back as 1014. 

I've been visiting Borough Market for years and it has the most amazing choice of food.




For me Borough Market shows that healthy eating is not necessarily just about low fat food. It means good quality food. Borough Market is a great place to find that whether you are looking for cheese,



fish,


meat,



eggs and sausages,



or even alcohol.


When I visit Borough Market I tend to go straight for the fruit and veg stalls. The variety of choice is incredible and everything just seems to have such stronger flavours than the fruit and veg that you buy in the supermarket. Turnips is a favourite stall of mine to visit.


They have the most fantastic tomatoes!


The fruit is great too


and they have types of mushrooms that I have never seen before!


The artisan bread stalls are probably my second favourite. There is every imaginable type of bread.




If you fancy a little treat then there are plenty of chocolates and cakes to choose from 



There are also gluten free choices available.



The truffle stall is always interesting to visit and they usually have samples that you can smell. Fascinating if you have never smelt that unusual fragrance of a truffle before.


There are even many different types of oils and vinegars to choose.


Many of which you can sample before buying.


The range of stalls is so extensive that you can buy virtually anything at Borough Market.


One of my daughter's favourite stalls is The Greedy Goat.


Their ice cream is so rich and creamy that you will want to come back for second and third helpings.

Another stall that we always visit is the juice stall located next to Turnips. Their fruit juices are so refreshing.


 I enjoyed a cup of watermelon juice while strolling around the market.


If all the food on sale makes you hungry then there are plenty of choices for lunch at Borough Market including burgers, curry and paella.


There is also a whole row of stalls offering different types of authentic street food.


If you would like some more information about Borough Market then I would suggest looking at their website as it covers everything you would need to know.

Borough Market is also in a great location to combine a visit with some sightseeing.


The Cutty Sark, Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, Tate Modern and the Millenium Bridge are all within walking distance. 

In case you were wondering, this is what I bought on my visit


A chocolate brownie for my daughter, sweet plum tomatoes on the vine and some light sourdough bread. The atmosphere is part of the fun when visiting Borough Market, you don't need to spend a fortune. 

Hope you have enjoyed my little tour around my favourite food place in London. Let me know if you visit there. Speak to you soon 


Love Erica xxx





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fitter.Thinner.Happier | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig