Tuesday 17 May 2016

Just stop and breathe

I'm struggling a bit. If you have read my blog before then you will know that I have suffered from depression in the past and how this ties into my emotional overeating. I suffer from what is termed situational depression which means I struggle with changes or can just be overwhelmed by extra pressures put on me. 

One of the reasons I enjoy working out is that it lifts my mood and leaves me feeling more able to cope but today even that feels like an additional pressure. I should work out as its weigh in day tomorrow. I have a niggling knee problem and a few other health issues at the moment which make me want to rest. I'm behind with work too (I'm self employed) and fell asleep over my laptop last night. Woke up on the couch at 4:30am with a stiff neck. The list of things in my head which are coming this week are just going round and round. My daughter's award ceremony on Friday, her race on the other side of Lonfon on Saturday, clearing my garden, paying bills. All things which I would cope with separately but together they are just beating me down. So much last night that I ate a chocolate ice cream, an apple pie and 2 pieces of buttered toast. The only thing I can do now is just


So I'm taking a day out to stop and breathe. No workout, no counting Smartpoints, no work deadline - just me trying to be kind to myself. 

So I've lit some scented candles and I'm giving myself this little timeout before starting again in hopefully the right direction



In the words of Ferris Bueller "life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it". Listen to the boy, he knew his stuff. So today I'm just looking around and breathing.

I know this post isn't particularly about weight loss but part of this blog is about finding a happier me. For me, so much of my problem with food is tied to my emotions. So dealing with my emotions and depression can only help me move forward on my weight loss journey. I know I'll get there but today I just needed to rest and breathe.


Hope you are all taking care of yourself. Speak to you soon


Love Erica xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fitter.Thinner.Happier | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig