Sunday 1 May 2016

Five Foods To Help With Your Diet

I read something the other day about losing weight that stuck in my mind. To devise a diet that will help you successfully lose weight, it's not how much you eat that's important, it's what you eat. So cutting down doesn't work if you cut out the wrong stuff.

I started thinking about foods that I now eat more of and how they have helped me. I came up with this list.

1. Salmon
Salmon has a host of well documented health benefits. It contains a lot of minerals and vitamins including selenium, vitamin B12 and potassium. It also has a high content of omega-3 fatty acids. Eating salmon helps the heart, the brain and the joints. I love the fact that it is so versatile. I eat it in salads, stirred into pasta with cheese and added to scrambled eggs. Low in calories and with huge health benefits, salmon really is a super food.

2. Vegetable Pasta
If, like me, you love pasta, noodles and rice then finding a low calorie alternative can be a lifesaver if you are trying to lose weight. If you have read my blog then you will know that I am a huge fan of the NoodleSlim products. They are made from the Konjac plant and are high in fibre so will leave you feeling full. There are several brands of these types of noodles available but I prefer NoodleSlim as they don't even need to be cooked. You can find out more information on their website www.noodleslim.com

3. Spinach
This is such a versatile food. I use it in salads instead of lettuce. When I use my Nutribullet, every smoothie is made of 50% spinach. Amongst other things, spinach is high in iron, vitamin K and calcium. Definitely a food to add to your diet.

4. Bananas
I love bananas and eat at least one every day. I put them in smoothies, use them in baking, put them in fruit salads or just eat them on their own when I need a snack. I could write a whole post just about the health benefits of bananas and they contain so many different nutrients. Bananas also help your digestion and can lower blood pressure plus they are delicious!

5. Tomatoes
This is another food that I eat on a daily basis. I put them in sandwiches, eat them in salads and stir them sliced into pasta. Tomatoes are a great source of antioxidants and can also help improve your skin. I love that they are so versatile

There are many other foods that I could have included in this list such as chicken, oranges, onions and whole grain bread which all have well documented health benefits. I just wanted to highlight though a few of the foods that I eat virtually on a daily basis and which I feel have helped me personally. Speak to you soon


Love Erica xxx
 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fitter.Thinner.Happier | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig